The Alabama Golf Course Superintendents Association will be the dominant organization for golf course superintendents representing a high percentage of golf facilities in the state.
Mission Statement and Vision Statement Revised December, 2015
What is the Alabama Golf Course Superintendents Association?
The AGCSA is a professional non-profit organization founded originally in 1986 and affiliated with the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America. The principle objectives of the Association are:
- To unite the Golf Course Superintendents of this area into one organization.
- To foster and maintain high standards of professional qualification and ethics.
- To encourage study, research, discussion and analysis of all matters which will aid in the improvement of golf courses.
- To affiliate and cooperate with other organizations for the mutual benefit of accomplishing similar or related objectives.
- To help members render assistance to other members for the betterment of their golf courses.
Why you should belong to the Alabama Golf Course Superintendents Association:
To develop an increasing public awareness of golf course management as a profession of much significance and stature.
- To provide the opportunities to participate in the general development of golf course management as a profession.
- To better serve your club.
- To promote the establishment, improvement and proper use of golf courses.
- To meet together at regular intervals to exchange ideas and to study common problems for the general betterment of the service we provide.
- To encourage the development of higher standards of service through participation in conferences and through keeping abreast of studies and research.
- To meaningfully support research through the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation (ATRF).
The Alabama Golf Course Superintendents Association offers you:
- Professional fellowship.
- Continuing education.
- Opportunity to support turf research in a positive manner.
- Professional research and study; improvement of professional standards.
- Stimulation of professional training.
- Publications from the Association including the quarterly newsletter.
- State of the art web site promoting sponsor and member benefits and enhanced communication.